-->

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Week 2 and the nursery

So Bryce is 2 weeks old today! I can't believe it! He is sleeping in his bouncer right now grunting and making all sorts of noises. :)

We took Bryce back to the Dr. on Monday and he was up to 7 lbs 8 oz. Still not quite back to his birth weight but much better. We will have to take him for one more weigh in next week just to make sure he still gaining weight.

My recovery from the C-section is going well. I haven't had to take any pain killers since my 3rd day home. I get around the apt just fine. I still walk pretty slow when Im out and about. Walking up an incline isn't easy yet either, but Im getting there.

All my pregnancy symptoms are completely gone! I can see my ankles again! I keep staring at them thinking how skinny my leg looks. I can sit down or stand up for awhile and not have to worry about my legs inflating into a blimp. I can get my wedding ring over my knuckle now, but its still a little snug. Im gonna give a few more weeks before I start having to think about getting it re sized. I keep looking at my belly and thinking that I have never felt so skinny and fat at the same time. It honestly feels weird to not feel a baby in there anymore.

I have to admit, staying at home hasn't been easy for me. This is such a beautiful time of year and it is very hard to sit and look out the window and feel trapped inside. Im home alone all day everyday mostly. Dont get me wrong, I love the time I get to spend with Bryce, but by the time Scott gets home, I feel half crazy, haven't talked to another adult all day. This week, I've tried to get out of the house everyday, even if its just for an hour. Yesterday, I told Scott he had to take me somewhere, even if we just drove around.
I guess we have done a lot this week. Monday we took Bryce to the Dr, made a trip to Target, and then ate lunch with my mom. On Tuesday, I went to pick Scott up from UALR and took Bryce up to Miss Selma's to show off to Scott's old teachers. Wednesday we went to Sonic for Happy Hour and to Barnes and Nobel to buy "What To Expect In The First Year".


And I know Im a bit behind on the nursery pics, but I knew I needed to put the finished product up.



Book Collection + the cutest octopus I have ever seen!



Got the dresser from Uncle James! Those are peel and stick stickers from Hobby Lobby.

 Locked and Loaded


Puppy. This was Scott's as a child




The mobile my friends made for my Dr. Seuss Shower. The curtains courtesy of my mom! We already had the recliner, just moved it from the living room.


Custom crib bedding, thanks to the Mother in Law



  A very blank wall.... I've got ideas but it will take awhile to come together

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the nursery!!

    Your lamp looks fantastic as well!!!

    ReplyDelete