-->

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dear Bryce,

Dear Bryce,

There are so many things I already want to tell you! The day you where born will forever be special day in my heart. I have tried to catalogue some special memories from that day so that one day you will know just how much everyone loves you.

As we left for the hospital early that morning we were so excited to meet you! Little did we know we would have to wait about 28 more hours! That's another story for another day! Your Lala (Grandma Howard) was there all day with me and your daddy. A little later in the day Grandma and Grandpa Burrup arrived as well as Grandpa Howard (he hasn't decided what to be called yet). Uncle Cody showed up later in the afternoon. They all stayed through the whole 28 hour ordeal, sleeping the waiting room. No one wanted to miss your big arrival!

Your daddy was a nervous wreck! He was trying his best to help me through the delivery. He didn't pass out or get sick, so he did his job! I was a nervous wreck too, I just didn't have any option than to pull myself together.Your Lala was hovering over the contraction/heart beat machine watching your every move and telling me when my contractions where almost over. I'm so glad she was there. Everyone wants their Momma when they are scared and in pain.

Grandpa Howard came in when my labor had stalled to give you a little pep talk. He leaned over my belly and talked to you. He told you to come on out, that he wasn't getting any younger and you guys had stuff to do. Stuff like how to put a worm on a hook, how to shoot a BB gun, how to skip rocks, and pull cat tails. It was really sweet. Unfortunately, you didn't agree, you stayed put.

When we made the decision to have the C-section, I had never been so scared in my life. I was so anxious to meet you, but I just wanted you to be safe and healthy. Only your Daddy was aloud in the operating room with me. He held my hand through the whole thing. I don't know if I could have done it without him. My eyes filled with tears when I heard you cry. I couldn't see you, but I could hear your sweet voice. The Dr. flashed you around the curtain for a quick glance before they took you to clean you off and all I remember thinking was how much you looked like my Dad. A few minutes later, Daddy was aloud to come over and take pictures of you as they checked you out. I was jealous because I couldn't see you. Then Daddy got to hold you! He looked so scared when brought you over to me. I couldn't see your face because Daddy was too scared to hold you up at an angle.

Once we got back to the room, I finally got to hold you! Your eyes were open and you weren't even crying! You looked right at me! Just stared me right in the eyes. It was the most precious moment of my life. Your daddy and I just stared at you for a good long while before we let anyone come in. When everyone came in and huddled around the bed, you looked at everyone. One by one you looked them all in the eye. I asked Uncle Cody if he wanted to be the first hold you and then you did something all of us were in awe of. You turned your head all the way sideways and looked right at Cody. Like you already knew who was who.

Uncle Cody held you. He was visibly nervous to hold you. I don't think he has ever held a baby before. I'm sure he will get used to it and want to hold you all the time! Then, everyone took a turn holding you. Everyone was so in love with you from the very beginning! Especially your Daddy. I could tell by the look on his face when he held you, how in love with you was. It made me love him even more. Not only did I love him as my husband, but now I loved him as your father. I know your Daddy is going to be an awesome father; you are so lucky to have him!

I can't belive how much I love you. I thought I loved you, but after holding you and kissing you, my love for you has grown so much Im not sure I even understand it. Im not sure what I did to deserve such a sweet little blessing. You are perfect in every way and your Daddy and I feel so lucky to have you.
 Love, Mom








No comments:

Post a Comment