-->

Thursday, March 8, 2012

38 Weeks: The final countdown!

38 Weeks
I don't really feel like my belly has gotten any bigger the last few weeks


Well, we are having a baby next Wednesday, March 14th! Looks like he'll be able to wear that St. Patrick's Day onesie after all!

I've been to the Dr. twice this week. On Monday they did a fetal stress test on Bryce. He slept pretty much through the whole thing! They buzzed him with this buzzer that made him jump and roll all over the place! He kept falling right back to sleep after they buzzed him. From what they could tell, Bryce was doing just fine. I also found out that Monday I was 1cm dilated, which really doesn't mean anything at all. Labor could still be weeks away.

Today I went back to the Dr. My blood pressure was back down (very good news). I guess all this sitting around is starting to pay off! They did the stress test on Bryce again. Again, they had to buzz him awake. This time, he stayed awake and cooperated. His heart responded great, so no worries there. Dr. Wyatt said I was still just 1cm dilated. We had a discussion about inducing. He knows I'm tired of sitting around. I'm worried about the bed rest taking up my maternity leave. By next Wednesday, I'll be 39 weeks. The risk of delivering 1 week early is pretty much non existent. There is a higher rate of C-section with inducing, but the way I see it, I could easily sit around for another 2 weeks waiting to go into labor only to end up having a C-section in the end anyways. So we looked at the calendar and made arrangements for next week! eek!

I guess there is a chance Bryce could make a surprise appearance before then. I felt my first real contractions this morning around 430am. By real contractions I mean they actually were painful as opposed to just a tightening feeling. I rolled around in the bed moaning for 1/2 an hour before I realized what I was feeling. If felt like the worst cramps of my life and then it radiated around into my back. I felt my belly and it was hard as a brick. Then I knew. I was having a contraction! 9 minutes later, I had another one. I waited, watching the clock for the next one. It never came. The crampyness lingered for about an hour until I was able to relax enough to fall back asleep. When I got up this morning, it was just business as usual. Just a practice run. Scott, of course, slept through the whole thing. Just as well, he would have just been pacing around the bedroom driving me crazy.

Here are some things I've made to keep myself from going crazy while on bed rest!:
This is a Pinterest creation. I plan on hanging on the outside of the door once Bryce is here!

I really can't figure out my camera. All the greens look too yellow. I started this quilt top last summer. I still need to add an inner/outter border, backing and binding. And have it quilted of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment