-->

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Home is Where the Heart Is

So recently I was at Goodwill just looking around and I saw this Arkansas shaped basket that send my heart a fluttering, I HAD to have it! It was only a bonus that it cost $2.00! I immediately had a project in mind for it. I want to make it say "Home is where the heart is" with a little heart over Little Rock. Well as the project progressed, I made a few small changes here and there and this is what I came up with!


So the wood backing was kinda cheap looking and had some marks on it, so I knew I would have to cover it.

I was going to paint it, but I just Modge Podged some scrapbook paper down for .50

I spent around 5 dollars on 2 packs of "Thickers" letters. Loved the font!

After looking at hundreds of hearts at Hobby Lobby I came up with this idea that I would instead use a map of Arkansas and cut out a heart shape.

I took a pencil and drew several hearts over the center of Little Rock until I got it just right. Then I just Modge Podged it down. This was the most costly part of my project since the map was $6.00 at Walmart.






So there you have it! I spent around $11.50 (not including the Modge Podge since I already had a bottle). Im also working on a Valentines wreath .Hopefully, I'll have it finished this weekend and maybe I can make another crafting post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment