-->

Sunday, February 12, 2012

34 Weeks: The List

So the countdown has really started!

I had my first baby shower yesterday! It was Dr. Seuss themed and so cute! Everyone brought a Dr. Seuss book along with a lot of other gifts. I felt so incredibly spoiled. Or should I say, Bryce feels spoiled! The food and company was amazing. I personally didn't take any pics at the shower, but I'm excited to see the ones Melissa took. When I got home, I spread the loot all over the nursery floor. I haven't started to organize it yet as I'm still hoping we can find a dresser.

I think I'm starting to panic! My due due date is about 5 1/2 weeks away and everything is not near being done in the nursery. Even more bothersome is I'm not sure I'm ready. I keep thinking of the hundreds of things I need to do before he arrives and then I get to panicking about the fact that I have no idea how to take care of a baby. In the shower this morning, I thought "how am I going to shower with a baby in the house? Of course he will start crying while I'm in the shower." What do I do if he wont stop crying?  How do I know if its just gas or if he is really sick?  And a hundred other worries.

So now I'm doing the only thing I know to do when I'm in a panic. MAKE A LIST.

*find a dresser, paint if needed
*make/buy curtains for nursery
*finish decorating nursery
*organize clothes by months
*organize the book shelf
*put away the left over Christmas stuff
*wash/vacuum the car
*install car seat
*pack hospital bag
*make list of things to go in the hospital bag
*make a master grocery list
*invest in some thank you notes
*Buy some Dreft
*stock up on toilet paper, dishwasher soap, laundry soap, etc.
*stay on top of house cleaning
*pre-register at St. Vincents
*make sure Scott knows how to get to Labor and Delivery at St. Vincents
*locate supplemental insurance papers
*file federal and state tax returns
*make sure camera and phone stays charged at all times
*make sure car has at least 1/2 tank of gas at all times
*make Scott reads the Labor and Delivery chapter in What to Expect When You're Expecting
*make sure Scott memorizes my Social Security number, age, birthday, etc because I swear if he asks me what it is while I'm in labor I might bash him over the head with some forceps.

No comments:

Post a Comment