Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Beach Trip!

So for almost as long as I can remember, my family has gone to the beach every summer. I think I was about 9 the first time we went. We have been very blessed because we would have never been able to afford such a vacation every year, but my Dad's boss owns a condo and lets us stay there for free! Well I've been MIA from the family vacation for the past 3 summers, so I was really excited to go this year! This was the first time I've gone since Scott and I got married so it was fun to share all of our traditions with him. And of course, how could we forget little spaghetti head? I was so excited to take him to the beach for the first time! We couldn't stay a whole week because 1) I'm out of  vacation time at work 2) it was the week before school started and I just couldn't not be at work to get my things together for my new class. We tried to make the most of our 3 days at the beach.

Saturday: Scott went to work from 5am to 8am to unload the truck. Then we hit the road! Little man did so good, I can't begin to even tell you how good he was. 11 hours in, he had a total meltdown and screamed for the last 27 miles. But I think we all wanted to scream and cry by that point! We had pizza in the condo for dinner and then went to bed.

Sunday: Slept in and lounged around the condo all morning. Hit the beach about noon. The water was perfect! Crystal clear, warm, no sea weed or jelly fish, and calm waves. Got to feeling bad (remember, I was sick for 2 weeks?) and went to lay down. Then we showered and got ready to go out to eat. We were gonna go to Fudpuckers, but the wait was an hour and a half so we went to the Crab Trap instead. It was nice because its right on the beach with open windows adn it was such a beautiful night.

Monday: Stayed in the condo all morning because we were so sunburned while Dad and Cody played golf. Went down to the beach for a short little bit and hung out by the pool under the umbrella. Meanwhile, my mom played with Bryce all day, spoiling him rotten. After the sun went behind the wall of condos, we took Bryce down the beach. It was cute to see his expressions. He just looked at the ocean. He wasn't scared to get in at all. When the waves would retreat back, taking the sand under his feet with it, he would start dancing! Then a big wave came and actually got his shorts wet and he started crying! That was enough for him. Then we went and swam in the pool. Bryce made me a nervous wreck in the pool. He kept putting his face down in the water on purpose, lapping it up like a dog! We all had a good time in the pool! We ate in the condo that night and watched some shark week.

Tuesday: Mom cooked a big breakfast. We all got ready and dressed and headed down the harbor for a walk because the beach looked bad. It was overcast and cloudy and the water looked nasty. We just walked around at the harbor looking at the fish that people had caught. No one had caught much of anything. Then we ate in the harbor at Dewey Destins. I tried Mahi Mahi for the first time! (I'm not a fan of sea food). I liked it OK. The flavor was good, just real meaty. Went back to the condo and the weather had cleared up so we went down the beach again. The water was too rough for my liking so I just laid on the beach. Scott and I just hung out in the pool all afternoon. Ate in the condo for dinner again and then Scott and I went for a walk on the beach. It was strange. Usually the beach is packed with people, even at night, but there was basically no one. When we got back, I packed up all our stuff. When I was done packing, my Dad, Mom, and Cody were all in the king size bed together watching Caddy Shack. They wanted me to get in too! We barely fit, but it worked. 
Bryce's face is hilarious to me!

Wednesday: Got up early and headed home :( Bryce pooped Armageddon style in the car seat in Mobile, AL. Used up all the wipes we had cleaning him up. Then he had his screaming fit 10 miles out of Jackson, MS so we had to stop to get him out of the car seat to play. He screamed when I put him back in his car seat, but he was asleep within a matter of minutes. The rest of the drive went really well.

These were all the pics I could get uploaded before my computer crashed. :(

I will prob make another post with the ones from my phone. They actually turned out a lot better.

I'm sitting, and I'm not happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment