-->

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Little Moments of a Little Family


One morning this week, Bryce was awake and fussing. Mommy and Daddy were not ready to get up. So we laid Bryce between us in the bed where we could take turns popping his paci back in his mouth whenever it fell out and he began to fuss. In the early morning light, I looked across the bed at my little family. The man, who I fell in love with 6 years ago, who I still love today, and my precious little baby. I soaked it all up. This is what I had wanted all along. A family of my own. I couldn't help but think how more complete the picture would look if there was a little sister in the bed with us....but Bryce is more than enough joy for now. I feel so lucky, so blessed, so grateful to be happily married, have a healthy baby, and to have so much joy and happiness. Our life is far from perfect, but it sure is beautiful.


Scott and I have been coming up with nick names for Bryce. Bryce-a-roni, Bryce krispy, Bryce cake. I sometimes call him Rooty Tooty when he fills his diaper! :) Bryce got to meet our dear friend Dylan. Dylan thinks his nick name should be lemon! It was a precious moment.



Bryce is getting fatter and fatter everyday! I put his pajamas on last night and they barely fit. Time to retire the new born clothes :(  I've even noticed that he doesn't look near as tiny in his car seat anymore. Gosh they grow up too fast! I know I'll wake up tomorrow and he'll be asking for the keys to the car.


Did I mention he rolled over from his tummy to his back? It was by complete accident. He was mad about his paci falling out was really kicking around about it. When he rolled over it scared him to death and he cried. I'm not gonna give him credit for it until he does it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment