-->

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Farm

So growing up, I spent many many lazy summer days at what we call "the farm". Its not really a farm, no animals, no crops, but once upon a time it was. The land belongs to my Grandparents. It's the land my Grandmother grew up on. She picked cotton in those fields in the depression. She played stick ball in the field during recess. The one room school house she attended, where she met Grandpa, was right there on their property. The house that still stands there was built by my Great Grandfather. It is where my Great Aunt Dink was born, she is 86ish. There is a cold water creek that even on the hottest day in August will take your breath away. I could go on and on about how beautiful it is and how much it means to me.

Since moving back to Arkansas, I hadn't been to the farm. I've really been wanting to go and especial take Bryce on his first trip. I hope that Bryce grows up to love the farm just as much as I do and to make some precious memories there.

So this weekend seemed like the perfect time to make our first trip with Bryce up to the farm! Here are some pictures!


 Front porch swinging




Meeting the cousins




First cookout!



Meeting his Great Great Aunt Dink

No comments:

Post a Comment