-->

Thursday, May 24, 2012

2 months

My my my! I feel like a lot has happened since my last post! Has it really only been a week?

Probably the most important thing that has happened is Bryce had his baby blessing at church on Sunday. Scott's Uncle Jay and Aunt Dorthy flew in from West Vally, Utah for the event. They were here for a week! I really enjoyed seeing them again and spending time with them. Scott gave a beautiful blessing to Bryce, I teared right up! I'm not usually like that, but now that I'm a mommy I cry so easily.


I'm really struggling to fall into my new roll as a working mother. All I do is wake up (5:30), breast feed, get me and the baby ready, work, pump, work, pump, come home, breast feed, play with Bryce, cook dinner, clean up dinner, breastfeed, make sure the diaper bag and everything else is ready for in the morning and then go to bed about 9. Rinse, wash, repeat. Forget keeping up with the endless to-do list or even the most basic grocery shopping. There is about 17 other things I could be doing right now instead of blogging.

So here is Bryce's 2 month update:

Diaper Size: Size 1 (getting close to outgrowing these)

Clothing Size: Mostly 3 months. A couple of 0-3 month things.

Height/weight: 23 1/2 inches and 10 lbs 10 oz

Firsts: started supplementing formula, first day at daycare, first shots, first time getting "sick", first time sitting in the bumbo chair, and FIRST TIME NOT CRYING DURING A BATH! About the bath- I just finally decided to fill the tub with what I would label as hot water (by baby standards). I gently put him in and he didn't scream or cry. I started washing him and still no crying. I washed his hair and still no screaming!Not a cry, not even a whimper. Weird right? I guess he just likes his bath water really warm. Scott and I were in shock. Bath time has been heartbreaking for all involved for the past 2 months, so we are really relieved we got this figured out.

Milestones: I mentioned alot of his milestones in a previous post. He lifts his head, smiles, and coos all the time. Just this week he has started watching his hands and feet. I even watched him track his hand all the way to his mouth. Working on that hand/eye coordination! If I pick him up and try to put his legs on my lap, he will push back for a second. He still hates tummy time. I think he gets frustrated that he cant sit up, roll over, and lift his head all the way so he just gets mad.


Here are some pics from his 2 month photo shoot!






No comments:

Post a Comment