-->

Thursday, January 17, 2013

10 months

I think this is one of my favorite pictures of him!
His expression is all Bryce.
So I've decided to change things up a bit! Instead of throwing a lot of stats at you, it will be more of a "Mommy's Favorite Moment" showcase!

1) Bryce loves to eat! He is eating lots of table food now and is loving it! We went to eat at 5 Guys one night and Bryce was shoveling in the fries. When I thought he'd had enough, I put the fries back in the bag. He was not happy! He started looking around in his high chair for some crumbs. When he was done with the crumbs he started looking around on the floor! He knew he had dropped a few down there!

2) Giving kisses. He is giving hugs and kisses now a lot! Sometimes he gives me the cold shoulder and acts like he isn't interested in kisses, but then will smile so big when I give him one. Sometimes he is all boy, and will give me his cheek instead! But nothing compares to the huge open mouth slobber fest drool monster kisses he gives me! Then he usually giggles wildly with delight. I think he might have a crush on me :)

3) Itsy Bitsy Spider. Ok so you know those milestone charts that they give you at the pediatrician and is printed in every parenting magazine/book known to man? The ones that say your child should be babbling my 6 months, can say "momma" by 8 months, etc. I don't know why but "plays pat-a-cake" is ALWAYS on that chart. So, of course, we've been practicing since the day he was born. He didn't start taking interest in pat-a-cake until he was about 8 months old, but never has done any of the motions on his own. Then, out of nowhere, he up and decides he is going to do the Itsy Bitsy Spider. I sang it to him one day with the hand motions and O.M.G. it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. He laughed and laughed and laughed and grabbed my hands and would slap my hands until I did it again! Within about 2 days, he was doing the motions too! Well, as good as a 10 month old can! Its so cute! If he is crying, all we have to do is starting singing it and he is happy! We went to church with my parents and when the song leader started the first song, he started do the motions to The Itsy Bitsy Spider! It was so funny.




I love how he crosses his feet



Little grown man


He loves books! Especially Eric Carle!



4) He wants to talk so bad. He waves hi and bye to people and tries so bad to say something. Every now and then the words "hi" and "bye" come out.He has definitely moved passed just babbling and has started that made up language jabbering. Sometimes he says it with such conviction, intonation, and inflection you'd think it was a real sentence!

5) He is so independent. He was trying to walk, yes walk, up the stairs at my parents house and my dad rushed to his side to help him. Bryce wanted none of that! He pushed my dad's hand away and swatted at him every time he tried to help him. I try to put some food in his mouth, he shoves my hand away and then takes the food out of my fingers and feeds himself. I can just hear him say "No mommy, I do it".

6) He is going to be a rough and tumble type of boy. I've seen him take some falls that made my heart stop, only to see him pop right back up and keep going without even so much as a whimper! As nervous as it makes me, I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. No one wants a little boy that cries over every little thing. He already enjoys playing toss with his toy football too!

No comments:

Post a Comment