-->

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

And his name is.....

Well Scott and I have chosen a name for our baby boy.....

Bryce Roper Burrup to be exact.

We have had many long discussion about names, when to pick a name, and when to announce a name. Bryce was really the only name we could both agree on. It has meaning for Scott as it is his Grandfather's name. The name Roper was decided before we were ever married. Scott said the middle name had to be Roper (his mother's maiden name and also Scotts middle name) because there where no children to carry on the family name. I made the name to hang on the wall above the crib. The colors match the fabric we bought for the crib bedding. I can't wait to see the nursery to come together!

26 Weeks
Christmas came and went in a hurry! We spent Christmas Eve with Scotts parents and Christmas Day with my family. I feel so blessed to have the family just minutes away to spend the Holidays with.
Scott went to Dallas this week to spend time with his best friend Ben. I've been lonely without him, but thankful I can spend more time with my family. I've been sleeping at my parents because Im too scared to sleep in my apartment all by myself.

I went for my 28 week labs today. People have been telling me how aweful the glucose test is. Since I had this horrible tasting juice built up in my mind, it didn't really taste that bad when it finally came time to drink it. It tasted just like orange soda that had gone flat. The last couple of swigs were
difficult as it made my stomach feel weird. Bryce, who had been rather still all night/morning, started turning cartwheels as soon as I finished drinking the glucose drink. Liquid sugar straight in his bloodstream! I assume everything was ok. I guess I'll hear something if it wasn't. I only gained 3 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Im not sure how that is possible. Im pretty sure I would have gained 3 lbs even if I wasn't pregnant. My blood pressure was good and his heartbeat was strong!

you'd think i weighed 600 lbs from the look of my ankle
Dr Wyatt also looked at my ears. Theyve been clogged for ab 2 weeks now. His hypothesis is that Im just swollen all over, including my ear canal. So the fluid in my ear cant drain out. He said it is possible that I may just have to suffer a clogged ear until I deliver. He said to try the Sudafed again and see if that changed anything. But I can happily report my heartburn is pretty much non exsistant. (Whew! that only lasted 14 weeks).

As Im 2 days away from the 3rd trimester, I feel like my bump is isn't a bump anymore, its a hump. Im started to slow down a bit. Suddenly its kinda hard to get up outta chairs. Im pretty sure I look like 90 year old when I try to get out of the car. I dont think Ive started the pregant lady waddle yet.

27 Weeks (Christmas Day)

1 comment: