-->

Monday, July 15, 2013

16 months

I can not say enough about Bryce's teachers! They have taught him so much! I am constantly amazed at what all he is learning everyday. 

1) I am fully convinced Bryce understands 99% of what I say. From "stop jumping in the couch or ill put you down in the floor" to "I'm sorry you can't drink dr pepper you have to drink milk"  

2) he can point to his belly button, toes, hair, tongue, eyes, and ears on command.

3) he can identify people in our family by pointing 

4) he can identify most all farm animals, some jungle animals, and some food by pointing to pictures in books.

5) he wants to help do everything! Including helping mommy get dressed! He will bring me my shoes and socks and bra and then start bringing me dirty clothes from the hamper. He wants to help fold laundry and sweep. He loves to sweep! 

6) he is starting to communicate much better for his wants and needs. If he is hungry he will walk over to his high chair and motion to be put in it. If he is sleepy he will lay his head down and say "Night night". He is even starting to tell me when his diaper needs to be changed. He will grab his diaper an say "this?" 

7) he can say:
Ball=bah
Night night= nah nah
Milk= ck
Juice= oosth 
Hot= dop
No=no (he's got that one down!)
Yes= sssssthbra ( his s sound always results in raspberry blowing sounds)
Up= dup 
This= dis 
Dog= dah

8) he would rather read books than play with toys! He can sit for a long time in a heap of books in the middle of the floor and examine in each page and babble to himself in his Bryce language. I can only assume he his reading to himself. It melts my heart when he brings me a book and says "dup" and points to my lap. He loves to be read too! 

9) he loves being outside. He will go to the door and scream until someone will come take him out. He would stay out all day if he could. Doing what? All things boy ofcourse!  Eating rocks, digging in dirt, chasing bugs, climbing up a hill covered in pine needles, barking at dogs, chasing cats, and running away from me.  

10) by far, his new favorite thing is running away. If I say "Bryce lets go change your diaper" or "Bryce lets go get in the car" he takes off running in the opposite direction! He looks over his shoulder as he is running and laughs hysterically. When he sees I'm gaining on him he will find a corner and back himself into it. As if his back is hidden so I can't possibly grab him and pick him up! This is not a fun stage for mommy! It makes going anywhere nearly impossible.









No comments:

Post a Comment